Special Hills!

Special Hills!

There is a hill out back,

that has felt many a track,

both from animals and me,

as I hunted out there

and cut Christmas trees.

I went out,

in sun shine or rain,

whether I felt good,

or had many a pain,

to sit in my rickety

tree stand,

and wait to see,

a white tailed buck,

as he tried to stay,

stay clear from man.

Now the deer are getting tame,

and are found in my back yard,

safe and secure,

because I don’t hunt any more.

I don’t walk now very far,

I go on wheeler or car,

to see those things precious to me,

and dream about white tailed deer,

and Christmas trees.

I think of a special hill,

Mount Calvary,

How Jesus carried a cross,

and died on it,

for you and for me,

so by putting our faith in Him,

He gives our soul and spirit liberty

~Winston Staples

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writing!

FAVOURITE BIBLE VERSES!

BIBLE READING FOR TODAY!