Thursday, May 4, 2023

THE HAWK!

THE HAWK!

I see an old hawk,

perched in an old maple tree,

standing tall like I used to be.

That old hawk looks to an fro,

trying to decide,

what direction to go; it’s eyes,

slowly scans the grass below,

seeking to see lunch,

and down it will go.

We as sinners are like that hawk;

We scan worldly things,

our desires to fulfill,

seeking something for happiness,

and seeing what’s over the next hill.

I was like that, then one fall,

a special preacher came to call.

He spoke from God’s word,

about Heaven and Hell,

and if I should die where would I dwell?

The next evening when the invitation,

call to come to the front was given;

I decided to follow Jesus,

the only way to Heaven.

Since that night in 1958,

I like that old hawk scanned for food;

I scan God’s word everyday to find wisdom,

and ask His Holy Spirit to guide my steps

safely along life’s highway.

Thank you Jesus for giving to me,

Your Great Salvation so free!

~Winston Staples

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...