Tuesday, February 15, 2011

THANKSGIVING

THANKSGIVING
On our calendar, Thanksgiving comes once a year,
but in my heart, it is always here.
In the morning, I thank God for the things I see;
all the beauty He gives to me.
I thank Him for each sound I hear,
the rustling leaves, the bleating deer.
I thank Him for the roof over my head,
and my warm cozy bed;
I thank Him for each scent I smell,
some beckoning my stomach to fill.
I thank God for the things I touch,
being able to feel means so much;
I thank Him for my family,
each one, so special to me.
I know now what I am trying to say,
thank God for everything, every day.
On our calendar, Thanksgiving comes once a year,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...