Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Song From The Heart

Somewhere along this Christian road of life,
I got to using days for just my chores;
You know, the little odds and ends we do,
Like laundry, ironing, sewing. cleaning drawers.

I sang my song with lilting quality,
Hardly giving anything a care,
For I just knew that I had some need,
When I got home, my loved one would be there.

God took that one. And in my lonely heart,
He poured His special peace, His tender love;
I cannot doubt that God has drawn me near
To trust Him more until I'm drawn above.

God's mercy grows. My life has known new gain;
My song is now another melody;
I trusted Him, I now rejoice in Him;
I'm in His keeping---and shall ever be!
--- Arva Morris---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...