Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'd Like [ by Mary Wray ]

I'd like to be the sort of friend,
You folk have been to me.
I'd like to be the help to you,
That you were glad to be.
I'd like to mean the much to souls,
Each moment of the day
And do the things that you have done,
As you walk God's own way.

I'd like to do bigger things,
The splendid things for you,
To brush the gray from out your skies
And have there only blue.
I'd like to say the kindly things,
That I so oft have heard,
And feel that I could bless you good
The way my hearts been stirred.

I'd like to give you folk the joy
That you have given me,
By praying and instructing one
Unworthy though I be.
And could I have a wish this year,
This only would it be
I' like to be the sort of friend
That you have been to me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...