Friday, July 22, 2011

The Old Woods Road

When I was a lad,
only half grown,
my dad would take me fishing,
out that old woods road.
How I loved our fellowship,
and my dad's smile,
as we stopped to rest,
after we walked,
what seemed two miles.
We sat and rested,
listened to the birds sing;
with the sun beaming down,
and a gentle breeze,
blowing through the pines,
O what a beautiful sound.
Now these old bones,
are seventy years old,
and the bushes have over grown,
and it is hard to find,
that old woods road;
But that old woods road is there,
 as long as I can think,
 and rem-anise of a stream,
where I fished,
 and had a cool drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...