Tuesday, January 15, 2013

FORGET-ME-NOT


When I was young my mother sent to " BACK TO THE BIBLE BROADCAST" for a book of poems and I found that little book and here is a poem I am going to share with you, it is called " THE LEGEND OF THE FORGET-ME-NOT"


                                                                                                                       

THE LEGEND OF THE FORGET-ME-NOT

When to the flowers so beautiful

The Father gave a name,

There came a little blue-eyed one---

All timidly it came---

And standing at the Father's feet,

And gazing in His face,

It said with low and timid voice,

And yet with gentle grace,

" Dear Lord, the name Thou gavest me,


Alas, I have forgot."


The father kindly looked on him

And said, " Forget-me-not."


[ Author Unknown ]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...