Sunday, September 11, 2016

EXPLORING GOD’S WORD [4] – Wint68's Blog

EXPLORING GOD’S WORD [4] – Wint68's Blog: "EXPLORING GOD’S WORD [4]
Standard
      1 VOTE
The topic we are going to briefly explore is God’s discipline by reading these few verses

as recorded in the Bible.

UNDERLINE THE WORDS OR PHRASES THAT SPEAK TO YOU IN YOUR BIBLE!

Job 5: 17 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:18 For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.19 He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee.

Psalms 39: 10 Remove thy stroke away from me: I am consumed by the blow of thine hand.11 When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.12 Hear my prayer, O Lord, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.13 O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.

Psalms 94: 11 The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;13 That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Proverbs 3: 11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction: 12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. [ GOD LOVES THOSE HE CORRECTS ]

Wishing you many blessings my friends!

~ Winston Staples"



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...