Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young,

We were blessed with a great older brother,

And a loving mom and dad;

We would get home from school,

And we would do our chores,

We would walk to our friends house,

And after he got his chores done,

We would play some games outside;

Oh, how we loved the outdoors.

It would be getting dark,

Before we would walk back home,

And we would imagine things not there ;

Those dark shadows became a bobcat or a bear.

In our spiritual life Satan castes,

Dark shadows on our trail,

Like the ones we saw at night,

Twisting God’s words saying,

Did God really say that?

He wants us to fall off the right path;

So beware of Satan’s dark shadows,

And focus on God’s words,

And you will be all right!

I remember a song,

“ Evening shadows make me blue “.

My friend, spend time reading God’s words,

And spend time in prayer,

And this won’t happen to you!

~Winston Staples 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...