Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Old Hymns

I love looking at old books, especially old hymn books that tell us the story of Jesus and His love for you and me. Below are a few verses from the old hymn DECK THYSELF, MY SOUL, WITH GLADNESS.

Now I sink before thee lowly,
filled with joy most deep and holy,
as with trembling awe and wonder
on thy mighty works I ponder;
how, by mystery surrounded,
depths no man hath ever sounded,
none my dare to pierce unbidden
secrets that with thee are hidden.

Jesus, Bread of life, I pray thee,
let me gladly here obey thee;
never to my hurt invited,
be thy love with love requited;
from this banquet let me measure,
Lord, how vast and deep it's treasure;
through the gifts thou here dost give me,
as thy quest in heaven receive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...