Friday, May 17, 2013

Thy Will be Done

He sendeth sun, He sendeth shower;
Alike they're needful for the flower
And joys and tears alike are sent.
To give the soil fit nourishment;
As comes to me or cloud or sun,
"Father, Thy will, not mine, be done!"

Can loving children ever reprove
With murmurs whom they trust and love?
Creator! I would ever be
A trusting, loving child to Thee;
As comes to me or cloud or sun,
" Father, Thy will, not mine, be done!"

Oh! Ne'er will I at life repine!
Enough that Thou hast made it mine;
When falls the shadow cold of death,
I yet will sing with parting breath;
As comes to me or shade or sun,
" Father, Thy will, not mine, be done!"

[ Author unknown to me ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...