Friday, January 20, 2017

Exploring Wisdom!

 

In order to withstand the fiery darts of Satan,
we must put on the whole armor of God, with prayer and the wisdom found in God's word. What are some things the Bible says about wisdom? Let's look at the following verses for insight and let our motto be that we think before we speak.
*Psalms 119:97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.
101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
102 I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.
103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
*

Proverbs 1:20-23Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Wisdom’s Plea

20 Wisdom calls out in the street;
she raises her voice in the public squares.(A)
21 She cries out above[a] the commotion;
she speaks at the entrance of the city gates:
22 “How long, foolish ones, will you love ignorance?
How long will you mockers(B) enjoy mocking
and you fools hate knowledge?(C)
23 If you respond to my warning,[b](D)
then I will pour out my spirit on you(E)
and teach you my words.

Proverbs 2:3-6English Standard Version (ESV)
yes, if you call out for insight
    and raise your voice (A)for understanding,
if you seek it like (B)silver
    and search for it as for (C)hidden treasures,
then (D)you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.
For (E)the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
*4:Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
[ prepared by Winston Staples ]

1 comment:

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...