Monday, January 2, 2017

My best friend Jake [ by Winston Staples ] – Wint68's Blog

My best friend Jake [ by Winston Staples ] – Wint68's Blog: "It is early in the morning; I can not sleep, and as I lie here, I think about my best friend Jake. When I was a young lad, probably about eight, when I went to school, I met my best friend Jake. In the summer, we would fish, and go swimming in the lake, and in the winter, I would be found skating on a pond,with my best friend Jake. We did everything together, as we grew through our teens; We harvested crops, went to school and out grew our jeans. We gave a helping hand to others in need, me, and my best friend Jake. Jake is gone now, since 1968; He lost his life in a man made lake; now some mornings, as I lie here and meditate; I often think about, my best friend Jake.

~ WINSTON STAPLES"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Shadows!

 When my brother and I were young, We were blessed with a great older brother, And a loving mom and dad; We would get home from school, And ...